A bit on thieves!

Hi
Sorry this is not too uplifting today, I promise I will be better tomorrow. But I need to get this off my chest.
Yesterday, a couple of other website designers who have free patterns on their sites, emailed me to let me know of a foreign website who not only was stealing our patterns, but also stealing our bandwidth we have to pay for!

http://forum.hawaaworld.com/showthread.php?t=539157&page=3

It looks like an Arabic website so we have no legal recourse in the USA... at least not any I can afford. =(
They were copying and pasting OUR PATTERNS to their site, and then they didn't save the photos, nope, they linked right into our directories and stole bandwidth so the photos would show up! That costs US MONEY!

They not only stole one of my patterns, my pumkin hat, but several from women who had asked me to house their patterns on my site! Every time someone was going to their dispicable page, it was costing ME money.
Sorry I am a bit frazzled over this.

I have spent the last hour and a half searching through their patterns, finding the ones they stole from my site, changing all the names of the graphics, deleting the old photos, redoing them on MY pages and resending everything to my server.
Can I just scream please? One little one!

Good thing I went to the Temple this morning, or I would be wilder than I am trying to fix all this.

Several website owners, including me, wrote to these people, only to have them block our emails and ignore us!

They refuse to remove the patterns apparently. Well if nothing else, their photos from my site are not showing up now.
Most of us are now talking about have a subscription/log in ONLY based pattern pages to prevent this in the future. I cannot afford to pay for someone else to benefit from all my hard work.

I totally depend on people coming TO my site for patterns, so they will see Google ads that interest them and click on those, or they will buy yarn and books and such from the Affiliate programs I have on my pages. It's the only way I can keep up with expenses.


Well, I feel better just spouting off a bit about that annoying site, and if you ever catch ANYONE on the web using my patterns, especially with my photos, please let me know. In American people usually just tell me they didn't know they could not do that, (even though it clearly states on every pattern you can't!) and they will remove them or provide a link to my site, but foreign countries could care less about our laws... it's a frustrating issue.

********************************************************************************

On a brighter note, and you knew there had to be one somewhere in there =) I did it!

I actually finished my Charity Challenge goal today and just completed my 300th item for charity this year. WOO HOO!!

It's a little newborn loomed, reversible, Christmas hat.
I did 15 rows in red and white held together, then 11 rows of 2 strands of white, and 15 rows of green and white held together. It's so cute!
It's the first of several I want to do for UMC- for some Christmas kits we are going to put together in November. I want to do some in Hanuklah colors too, which I am pretty sure are blue and white.

Correct me if I am wrong there, anyone. I want to do this right.
I will try and post some photos tomorrow, as they are all on my camera right now. I tried posting one yesterday and blogger would not let me, even a tiny image would not download... it kept spinning around and around. Maybe someone else with blogger knows how to fix that?? =)

BevQ

Comments

Popular Posts