BLOG-SCARF?


Hi!

Anyone joining me in making my BLOGSCARF? Here is the info? I need some of you to work along with me, so I just keep it sitting here not worked on!!


It's VERY simple if you know how to knit at all.

I am using Size 10 wooden knitting needles.
The yarn is well.... whatever I can find in my stash. PLUS, and this is the important part, I am using 1 strand of plain colored sock yarn with a strand of 4 ply worsted weight yarn. I have the same color plain blue sock yarn going through the whole scarf so far, even though the other colors are varied. Makes all the different colored yarns 'tie' together. =)

Using 2 strands of yarn, cast on 25 stitches and knit away till it's the length you want, 4-5 feet long should be good and warm.

--------------

All you have to do is grab some of your yarn from your stash and your needles---and you really could use any size, just adjust the number of stitches so it is wide enough.

I have decided I am making it for the Dulaan Project - which you can see in my links to the right too. I finished a pair of crocheted wool mittens the other day, washed them and dried them in the dryer so they 'felted' up a tad and are warm and softer!

So a pair of mitts, a scarf and maybe a hat will all be sent there. Actually maybe even more than that as they look like they could use LOTS of warm clothes for all sizes... I have a sweater on the needles too that needs to be done!

This one was made by one of my Bev's Country Cottage readers,
"Karen "KC"" not by me.


Let's see what we, as readers of Bev's Blog, can do to warm the people of Mongolia!

BevQ


Comments

Popular Posts