Recipe

Hello!
I have been digging through old recipes, searching online, I even dug open our packed box of cook books to find a recipe!

It was for CORNISH PASTIES. I searched high and low and found nothing... Today, I was looking through old pattern books in a drawer and there was the recipe! I am so excited. I didn't want to lose it again, so I have posted it on my website and am going to share it here with all of you.

When my sons were little their dad was on the road a lot as a Purina Sales Rep, and I made these pasties, little meat and vegetable 'pies' for us. Mike isn't a fan of them but we love them! I hadn't made them for years when I mentioned it to my youngest son Tim the other day, and he remembered them with much fondness as did I.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to find them. Here you go:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/pasties.html
----------------------------------------------------

Sturgeon Bay PASTIES
Crust
4 c. sifted flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. shortening
1/2 cup plus 2 TBsp cold water

Filling
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c, chipped potatoes
1/2 c minced onion
1 c chipped carrots
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup

Mix flour and salt together in bowl. Cut inremaining shortening till particles are the size of peas. Add water, mixing with fork or hands. Shape dough into firm oblong with hands. Divide into 9 portions. Roll out each into 6" circle. Place on baking sheet. Place 1/2 cup filling on lower half of circle. Moisten edge. Fold upper half over lower half; seal by pressing edges together with fkoured fork. Bake at 400F for 35-40 mins.
----------------------------------

I hope we have some hamburger in the freezer so I can make these up real soon. They freeze and keep well too.

********************************************************************************************************

Well it sure is windy here today! I've been really busy ironing hubby's shirts as he will be home later tonight! And over a a friends getting yarn for Crafting Angels which is Tuesday. I went over to Church to put that in our boxes, and to get stuff needed to start a 'Picture book' sample for others to look at.

I am going to get off here now and finish up a newborn baby shirt-vest. Still would like to make a couple more of those before Tuesday. I'm getting there =)

HUGS!!!
Bev


Comments

Popular Posts