Friday, October 06, 2006

Charity Book... and other musings


Good morning!
As I drove back home from taking high schoolers off to school this morning, the most glorious site was presented before my eyes. It was a rainbow! The widest one I had ever seen. I meant to run in and grab my camera, but here it is almost an hour later, and I just remembered I wanted to snap that moment! So I went out thinking there is no way there is still a rainbow out there, but there was - it's now a regular skinny one, but I did capture that moment in time for all of you. (See above)

I am dressed and ready to go to the Temple this morning, but my friend Bobbi, who is normally my ride is sick with the flu. Poor Bobbi-- that's just miserable. She has to work today too, filing permits in Vegas. Prayers for Bobbi. Another friend just called to see if I would like to go with them and I WOULD!! =)

Anyhow about the book. I have been writing on and off for 3 years, a book on Humanitarian crafting and service in general, with author Trina Boice. Yesterday she emailed to let me know someone was actually interested in looking at it! YES! So I will be busy with that let me tell you. It needs a ton of tweaking and some of the patterns need photos and all kinds of stuff, but I am excited.

If you have any ideas you would like to see in such a book, please let me know. =)
Will write more when I have time.

HUGS
Bev

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev! Great website! My name is Heather and I'm writing to you from Ontario, Canada! I'm going to make your "basic hat" for my nephew and was wondering what a "whip stitch" is? Can you post a link to where I can find out what a "whip stitch" is? Thank you so much !!! Or my email is hillie2@hotmail.com! Once again, great website and thank you!

bevq said...

Hi Heather!
Thanks for visiting my blog, I sure appreciate it. It's pretty new so not many people know of it yet. =)

WHIP STITCH...
I have photos of it on my website
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/joining.html

It shows how to join granny squares but it is basically the same for whip stitching up a seam on a hat etc too. =)

ENJOY!
Bev

Jeannette said...

I was thinking it would be nice to have a CD with the book. Maybe with videos for hard stitches or demos. Maybe having some live links to your sites that have more patterns...

stitchnsnitch said...

I'd love to see patterns in a Humanitarian book that don't look like Humanitarian patterns. (Does that make sense?) Just because we make something for charity doesn't mean that it needs to be plain or out of style.

I Enjoy your blog! ;)