Relay for life-- Chemo Caps

My daughter Katie and I went to the Team leaders meeting last night in Overton, for 'RELAY FOR LIFE' and got our paperwork and such. It's going to be a ton of hard work finding people to be on our team, to sell Luminaries, to raise funds, even for me to sleep there overnight--my body isn't real good about camping anymore. But it's only one night and for a good reason.

We are doing a theme of 'FARM FUN' or something like that since we are the "Qualheim FARMERS INSURANCE TEAM". =)

We will have fundraising games
* Facepainting
* maybe a farmyard bean bag toss
* baked goods sale
* Chemo caps for sleeping
* pink ribbon pins for sale
* contest to guess how many candies are in a jar

At the meeting they were talking about what we would set up for fun things to do, and I mentioned an odd idea to do at our Campsite - teaching people to loom knit and so many people were excited I was shocked. They all wanted to learn! They told me I could sell the looms or ask for a donation to learn to loom knit. I figure we can sit on Hay Bales to do this.

We will make Chemo Night Caps. (see photo) I am looming them as follows, as they need to be
slightly 'airy' so not too hot to wear at night, but something to keep their heads cozy

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Bev's CHEMO NIGHT CAP
Copyright 2007 Beverly A. Qualheim - All Rights Reserved - Do not copy to other blogs or in emails, or websites.

The hat I made fits me perfectly, and it measures 9.5" tall. That includes the roll up which only rolled a couple of rows.
It measures 8.5" across the front of the bottom of the hat.

Use ITA Red loom 36 pegs (3/4" apart) or Red KK Loom 36 pegs (3/4" apart)
2 strands pink Simply Soft Yarn (2 oz or so)
(or any color you wish as long as you keep the white rows in there at the top)

E-Wrap loom 2 times around, lift one e-wrap over one e-wrap. (this is a single stitch)
There is NO brim on this hat. Just knit, and it will naturally roll up a little.

Knit 20 rows in pink, change to white (white is to represent the Angels watching over them at night)
knit 5 rows in white.
Change back to pink and knit 3 more rows.
Gather, remove.

You can also make these for kids using the 31 peg looms
(3/4" apart).
Make them 8" tall

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~

If any of you would like to help make these, and they could be in any colors really (although I really would like that 5 rows of white in there at the top since thatis the 'angels' watching over the wearer), please do. =) I am hoping to sell them, along with the pink ribbon pins and other items that night (our walk is the 20, 21 April so I need all donations by April 10th)

We are supposed to sell starting now till the day of the walk too! =)
(Please include your email address in the package so I can thank you.)

My mailing addy is
Bev Qualheim
PO Box 427
Logandale NV 89021

EDIT--- please do not mail more of these hats to me, as this was a one-time event, but thanks to all who participated!!!

Also, there is a poem tag you can attach to these hats
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/slumber-cap-tags.html


THANKS!!!
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE,
BevQ

Comments

Popular Posts