Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Crocheted Neck Gaitor

Hi
I am working on this pattern but I thought I would share it while it is in the making. I don't have a photo yet, but I will, and possibly a row count.

Bev's Cozy Gaiter
Copyright Beverly A Qualheim 2007
2 oz Caron Simply Soft yarn
Size J hook

Ch 39
Row 1: Dc in 3rd chain from hook. (ch 3 counts as 1st
dc) Ch 3, turn 37 dcs
Row 2: (Back loops only from now on) Dc in 2nd dc from
hook and in each dc across. Ch 3, turn (maintain 37
dcs across)

Repeat this row for enough rows till gaitor can fit
around your head plus 2"-3".

Stitch together.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!
Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/winter.html

4 comments:

Jenn said...

If your new to reading patterns, what do all of the letters mean? My mom taught me years ago & it was only a single stitch. I found books at the library & taught myself a 1 1/2, double & triple stitches. But I don't know the abbreivations. Can you point me to a good resource?

bevq said...

DC = double crochet-- actually perhaps this page would help

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-tos.html

=)
Bev

Ghost said...

Thank you Bev for working up a pattern for this for us crocheters.

Anonymous said...

Dear Bev, this is a wonderful idea to use leftover scraps of yarn. I live in a town where we have lots of homeless people and it gets very cold and icy in the winter. I'm looking forward to your complete pattern and maybe some photos. I've used so many of your patterns and they are all terrific, have shared them with friends who are without internet. alice