Warm scarf! Orphanage modules.

I was going through some old pattern links, on my website bevscountrycottage.com, and came across a pattern that I thought people could make for shelters, or for friends for Christmas. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Let me put it this way, my teen daughter made the comment, "hmm, that looks like an expensive one you would buy in a store mom."

Good enough for me man! High praise indeed! =)
So, here it is everyone!
----------------------------------------------



Bev's REALLY Easy Soft Scarf! copyright Beverly Qualheim 2001 - 2007 Size K Hook and 2 colors Lion Brand Homespun yarn (7 oz yarn - 6 oz of main color, 1 oz of contrast)

Ch 170 (makes it almost 6' long)
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in every st across. Ch 3, turn.

Row 2-7:
Dc in dc next to hook and in every dc across. Ch 3, turn. End off.

Finishing edge - optional: Add a new color at the corner and make 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same st. Now dc in each st to corner (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc), repeat until all the way around scarf. Add fringe if desired.

(You can see the start of the contrast edge in the photo, as well as the scarf without edging.)

My daughter liked it without the edging, I like it with, so it's a personal thing.

-----------------------------------------------------
Anyone want to try a pattern for me, and send me a photo to post on my site?
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/easter-afghan.html

I could really use a photo for this pattern if anyone wants to knit it, or even a swatch, and email it to me : bevqual at yahoo dot com
I would so appreciate it as I hate patterns with no photo! I am a visual person and need that photo and I know others do when they come to my site.

I have been so busy making mittens for humanitarian and presents for my kids for Christmas (we are having a homemade Christmas this year) that I still don't have a photo posted of that pattern and I know it is gorgeous!! It's lacy and pretty, and one of these days I am going to make the time to knit several sizes of it.

Anyhow, if you need to make a blanket for charity or family and you can knit up the pattern or a swatch please let me know. =) THANKS!

---------------------------------------------------------

Here are a couple more photos my friend Gr Bev took of the LDS Humanitarian Center in Salt lake City! Thanks Bev! We sure appreciate your letting us see these.

This first one is of one fo the Orphanage Modules where our mittens, slippers, socks, dresses, teddy bears, dolls, wall-hangings, quiet books etc are stored ready to ship out around the world to various orphanages.

The second photo is : "
Here is where we have quilt kits, yarn, etc. Tied quilts in the shopping cart are waiting for someone to take them home and hem or bind the edges."






Hug the ones you love today! Pray for our soldiers and be sure to smile and say kind things all day long!

God loves you more than you will ever know, I promise.

BevQ

Comments

Popular Posts