Great week... lots to ramble about


It's been since Easter that I have posted on here, because my daughter in law, Joanna, was staying with us and we had such a lovely time, I didn't take time to write on my blog. =)

We had a baby shower for her the Saturday before Easter and it was really fun. So many friends came out to give her gifts and support. I love the people of this valley!

Easter Sunday both my sweet daughters in law came to Church with us, and then helped me with my first week teaching my 6-7 year old Primary class, so we had 3 'Sister Qualheims' in there! It was wonderful.

They were just so much help to me, especially Joanna this past week, when we had a nose bleed in class and she bravely went out to find the little girl's mom or dad, not even knowing her way around our meeting house! Thank you Joanna! She also took a photo of my CTR7a class and I, so we can put it in a Book of Mormon, along with their testimonies about how much they love Jesus and Primary, to send to my son Elder Qualheim, out in South Dakota. He should be leaving the MTC and arriving there today!

We took Joanna to the airport yesterday before going to the Temple and it was hard to say good bye. Woke up this morning, and half expected to see her sitting in my living room, waiting for family scripture study and breakfast and...

I heard from my son that she got home safely so that's really good.

Joye H, my daughter Katie, and I got our Humanitarian booth all set up at the Clark County Fair, here in Logandale, in the Fine Arts building, so if you go to the fair, please stop in and say hello. I will be there every day except Sunday of course. I'd love to meet you.

I took a few photos of how it looks right now, although I will be adding a couple more things when we come for the actual fair.

All these things will be donated to LDS Humanitarian, except the preemie items which will go to UMC hospital in Vegas.

LDS Humanitarian is always in need of newborn booties, so I wanted to post this pattern for all you knitters, as it's one that is easy to make, easy to memorize, and so cute. Plus it's a bit hidden on my website:

Bev's Easy to knit Newborn Booties - Copyright Beverly A. Qualheim 2008

Size 4 Knitting needles and 1 oz. baby weight or sport yarn

Cast on 34 sts.
* Work in garter stitch (knit all) for 14 rows (7 ridges).
* Knit 2 stitches together, twice, at start of next 2 rows.
* Bind off 3 stitches at start of the next 2 rows. (24 sts left)
* Now - Knit 2, purl 2 in a ribbing for 18 rows or desired height.
Bind off stitches to remove from needles. Fold bootie in half and sew up seams to close.




My girls and I are American Idol fans and especially we love David Archuleta this year. This was his song yesterday, Dolly Parton's 'Smokey Mountain Memories'. What a beautiful song, and he performed it with deep feeling. I hope you keep singing forever David...



Remember to watch GENERAL CONFERENCE this weekend, and most of all HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev

Comments

Popular Posts