Good morning! 9-11

Good morning!

It's a brand new week and I know I might be odd, but I love Mondays. The air just seems fresher, the sun seems sunnier, it's time to start over fresh and new. It's cool enough this morning to have the windows open and I am actually making that bread this morning!


I usually get laundry done on Mondays-- and ironing for hubby. I end up doing more loads during the week, but on Mondays I try to get ALL of it done. First load is out on the clothesline, and I am mixing the flour into the bread, typing on here, and watching FOX news for the coverage of the 5th anniversary of 9-11.




(PHOTO - The Christus- North Visitors Center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Temple square in Salt Lake City, Utah. Taken by Katie Qualheim Aug 23, 2006)


I am not surprised, AND am not thrilled that people in this country, who, immediately after 9-11, were suddenly feverously praying to the God we have removed from just about everything in our country! The news is saying 9-11 changed the world forever... but have we changed for the good? Are we remembering our Heavenly Father always? Are we reaching out MORE to help His children who are unable to help themselves, or whose weary hands hang down? Are we lifting people up, or tearing them down???

Merely 5 years later those same people who were praying in fear are hissing and complaining about our country's leaders, and the decision to rid the world of terrorists. Just what exactly happened to the people who were humbly bowing their heads pleading for help?! Do we only pray when we are in trouble or need help?

"Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 37:37 (Book of Mormon - Another Testament of Jesus Christ)


@>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~


BEV'S CRAFTING

I am making more newborn vest-shirts today. Trying to get 2 done for the kits we will put together next week Tuesday. Lots of people at Church are making newborn hats so that's great and I can take a break from those for a while now. I think we will have plenty.

Well, it's time to go pound my bread!! I can smell it already-- well maybe it's the yeast, but it smells good and I know it has doubled to time to pound!

@>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~ @>~>~~~


HUGS!
Bev
BEV'S COUNTRY COTTAGE - winter patterns

Comments

Popular Posts