I know I am posting twice today....

But it's my daughter's 16th birthday today and we are just having a lovely day! I was looking on one of my logs to see who has visited my site and how they got to my main page and I found someone has been working on Christmas items already! So... I thought I would post one of my snowflake patterns on here for you.

One year I made a bunch of those and starched them with special 'starch stuff' called 'Stiffen' I think... that I got at a Ben Franklins or somewhere. Worked nice. I sprinkled some of those really fine glitter on them and they still look so pretty on the tree. Here you go== I am copying and pasting that right off my website, so hopefully the photo will show up. Not sure how that will work in a blog:

BEV'S 15 minute SNOWFLAKE
Copyright 1999-2003 Beverly A. Qualheim

Make one to include in every Christmas card you mail next Christmas? Plus, after the holidays, you can hang several in your kitchen window, using suction cups and hooks.

Size 8 steel crochet hook
J & P Coats Knit-Cro-Sheen, Number 10 bedspread cotton --1 ball will make several
Or for a larger snowflake - approx 6" diameter use white crochet kitchen cotton

Ch 6, join with a sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 3, dc in ring, (ch 2, 2 dc in ring) 5 times; ch 2, join with sl st to top of beg ch-3.
Rnd 2: Sl st in next dc and ch-2 sp, ch 3, dc in same sp, ch 2, 2 dc in same sp- first shell made; ch 1, (in next ch-2 sp make shell of 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc; ch 1) 5 times; join with sl st to top of beg ch-3.
Rnd 3: Sl st in next dc and ch-2 sp, ch 3, work a first shell in same sp; (ch 5, sl st in third ch from hook-picot made; ch 2 shell in ch-2 sp of next shell)5 times; ch 5, sl st in third ch from hook, ch 2; join as before.
Rnd 4: Sl st in next dc and ch-2 sp, ch 3, work a first shell in same sp, *(ch 5, sl st in third ch from hook) 3 times; ch 2, shell in ch-2 sp of next shell. Repeat from *4 times more, ch 2, join. Fasten off.

Stiffen with Fabric stiffener that you can buy at Walmart or any crafts store, or mix equal parts white glue and water. You can dip the snowflake in this mixture, gently squeeze, and then pin to a piece of foam and let dry.

Or you can find it here
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/christmas/cp6.html

There are lots more patterns for Christmassy things on this page
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/christmas/

I also have Hanukkah items on this page for my Jewish friends:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/hannukah


Take care!
Bev

Comments

Popular Posts