Sunday musings...

Had a wonderful day today. Hubby is home so all is well. =) Church was good as always, in fact, I was asked to attend the Teacher's Development course= 12 weeks of lessons. It's during Gospel Essentials class so I won't be able to teach in there for 3 months, but I am hoping this will be a great course to learn. I took it years ago, but have forgotten much of what I learned in there.

Not sure why they asked me to take that course, as I just recently got the call to be a ward missionary, where I already teach a lot. Normally they ask people to take that class to prepare them for a possible teaching calling.

Guess I will find out...

I have finished the white and then a pink on my BLOG SCARF and am now working on a varigated gray yarn and it should look pretty. It might be my last color as that scarf is getting pretty long now.

Some of you have asked if I prefer knitting to crocheting. Well, I likely do in many ways since I learned when I was 7-- 41 years ago! It's something that comes very naturally to me. BUT... I do love to crochet too and wanted to share a scarf pattern with all of you, that is a pretty shell stitch. It works up pretty quickly and is nice and warm! Would make a great Christmas gift.


bevs shell scarfBev's Shell Scarf for adults or children
copyright Bev Qualheim 2001 - 2004 All Rights Reserved
Approximately 45" x 7" (make it shorter for children)
Hook size I
4 oz of 4 ply worsted weight yarn.
Ch 28
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from the hook-counts as 1 dc, 2 dc in same ch, (skip 1 ch, sc in next ch, skip 1, ch 3 dc in next ch) across to last ch, 1 dc, ch 3 and turn.
Row 2: Dc in 3rd st from the hook-counts as 1 dc, 2 dc in same st, (skip 1 st, sc in next st, skip 1 st, 3 dc in next st) across to last st, 3 dc, ch 3 and turn.
Row 3: Dc in 3rd st from the hook-counts as 1 dc, 2 dc in same st, (skip 1 st, sc in next st, skip 1 st, 3 dc in next st) across to last st, sc, ch 3 and turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until scarf is 45" long (approx. 7" wide), adding new colors as you use up your scraps.

============================================
Enjoy!

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev Q

Comments

Popular Posts