Wednesday, January 03, 2007
The 2007 Charity Challenge group....
... is up and running! If you love to make things for charity and you would like to set a goal for this year then maybe Bev's Charity Challenge 2007 group is for you. We welcome all who want to work hard making items for charity.
You can sign up here, keeping in mind that we have some simple rules and guidelines that need to be followed for us to maintain the purpose of the group:
http://groups. yahoo.com/group/bevs- charity-challenge/join
------------ --------- --------- --------- -
REQUIRED for MEMBERSHIP in the 2007 Charity Challenge:
As you complete items be sure to keep track in our
DATABASE, this is no longer optional. To be part of
this group you MUST set up a file in the database.
VERY IMPORTANT!! *** If you do not set up a database
file within 2 weeks, you will be removed from the
To create a new FILE for yourself go to:
http://groups. yahoo.com/group/bevs- charity-challenge/database
* Click on the database named '2007 TOTALS'
* Then click 'add record'
* Answer the questions
* Click "Add Record" and you are done!
HOW TO UPDATE each week: Go to the database and open it. Find your FILE in there. Click EDIT, and proceed to update your record, then click on SAVE.
1) This group is for the purpose of encouraging one another to work on making ???, (insert number of your choice,) "needed items" for a charity of your choice.
2) Most of you know me from other groups I run, so you already know that I don't tolerate any flaming of others, or nastiness of any kind, NO posting of copyrighted patterns (links to patterns are fine), NO offering to make copies of patterns, no SPAM or fwd type emails, virus warnings etc...
3) Please be sure to speak up if you need help or ideas, or pattern links, and we'd love it if you would help answer people's questions and encourage others on the list too! That's why we are here. =)
4) If you need to post something important that is NOT about the groups focus, please remember to place OT in the subject line so we will know it is Off Topic.
5) If you need to go on vacation etc, please change your email settings to "SPECIAL NOTICES" . ('No mail' is not permitted on this group)
I hope some of you will jump on board and join us. =) Last year we completed over 28,000 items for various charities.