Thursday, March 29, 2007

How can it be Thursday again already!?

You know, time really passes by quickly. I think it is due to the fact that I am a happily, busy person. Perhaps it's because I have had periods in my life where I was temporarily 'disabled' and I appreciate so much being able to arise in the early hours of the morning, be able to go for a walk with my dogs, have the ability to read the scriptures to my children, and get them off to school.

I then have the freedom and good health, to do the things I want to do at this time in my life.

At my age (48) my mum was ill with cancer, and I saw the limitations it placed on her life. Maybe that's why I take on so much and try to accomplish as much as I can because in some way I wonder if there will be a tomorrow, or at the very least, the opportunity to help others while I am in good health?

Hmmm- maybe.

Normally at this time of year, I get 'moody'. I have a hard time coping. Not this year. I decided I would make the anniversary of her going to Heaven (March 28) a celebration of her good life! I celebrated her by helping others, and doing a little extra to be better. It helped immensely.

-----------------

County Fair is coming up and I went with Joye H yesterday to look at our spot in the Fine Arts Building where we will set up our Humanitarian Items. Very nice. We have a cozy corner! Lots of room. I need to make a few things for that - like a couple of children to greet people at the entrance, and some heart and.. well, there is a list!

-----------------

Take care all
Bev

1 comment:

craftylady4m said...

Bev - my husband has made some chemo caps for you and we do not have your address so we can send them. I have been negligent in contacting you and hope it is not too late for you to use them. My e-mail address is mttischler@aol.com if you would like to mail me your address privately so we can get them out to you. Will priority mail them so they can get to you fast. Mae Tischler