Relay for LIfe fundraising page


Well, we came up with a name for our families Relay for Life Team, which my girls and I have named "Farmers Barnyard Beasts", since it's for my husband's new business as a Farmers agent.
Being TEAM CAPTAIN is fun and lots of work. We are getting friends to sign up to join our team, and are fundraising! I have not been my optimum health lately... bad winter... so have not had the energy to get out there and recruit people to sign up but we have a few. The team is mostly kids right now. And each member is supposed to raise $100 if possible! hmmmm...

We are selling the Chemo Slumber Caps, ribbon pins, and glow stick bracelets so far. I am going to teach people to loom knit the hats themselves. I still need to purchase the looms-- they are not cheap. I bought the Simply Soft Yarn already. We are supposed to get people to donate all the items to us, but I haven't had any luck with that. I'm not good at asking for donations of goods like that I guess. =) Handmade items people just come up and offer, bless their hearts!! Crafters have the biggest hearts ever!

I am so grateful to all who have made Pink Ribbon pins and sent them, and the chemo slumber caps are starting to arrive! Makes my life so much simpler. I wish I could hug each one of you. Course. since I am sick maybe that would not be good right now!

I have created a page on my website with items available for a donation. I hope to get more up there before too long. =)

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/relay.html

*************************************************************************

If you are looking for a tiny project, I might have one for you. UMC medical center can use small hats, and matching booties, plus little blankets for their NICU.

Here is my eldest son Shaun, 26 years ago, when he arrived 2 months early, at LaCrosse Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

That diaper he is wearing in the photo is smaller than a table napkin, and it is rolled down at the top to allow for the lines they had placed in his belly button.

There are lots of preemie patterns on this page:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/preemies.html

I think I already posted this page on my blog but here it is on my site:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/umc-set.html

And an address to mail them
Mail to: University Medical Center
Att: Suzanne Fein-Poisson
1800 W. Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas NV 89102

Here is another pair of easy to crochet booties
Bev's Easy Thumb-Booties
copyright 2003, 2007 Beverly A. Qualheim - All Rights Reserved
www.bevscountrycottage.com


These are called thumb booties because they are the length of my thumb (approx 2 1/2") which is a great size for many preemies!

Scraps of Simply Soft Worsted weight yarn - it isn't a real heavy yarn.
To make 2" booties use baby yarn or sport weight yarn.
Size F hook
TOE
Rnd 1: Ch 2, 7 sc in 2nd ch from hook - do NOT join. (7 sc)
Rnd 2: Sc in 1st sc of last rnd, sc in same st, 2 sc in each sc around. Do not join. (14 sc)
Rnd 3: Sc in each sc around.
Do 3 more rnds like rnd 3. (total of 6 rounds)
At end of last rnd ch 1 turn and begin rows back and forth.
Next row: Sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn. (9 sc)
Repeat last row 5X for a total of 12


Fold bootie in half and slip stitch up back seam of heel.

CUFF
Rnd 1: Ch 1, hdc in each space or stitch around, join with a sl st. (17 hdc)
Rnd 2-3: Ch 1, hdc in each hdc around.
Rnd 4: Ch 1, alternate fphdc, and bphdc around. Join. End off.

Alternate Cuff

Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each space or stitch around, join with a sl st. (17 sc)
Rnd 2-4: Ch 1, sc in each sc around.
Rnd 5: Ch 3, sl st into next sc, *ch 3 sl st into next sc... repeat from *around to end.
Join, End off.

Now you can either crochet a chain 8" long or use a ribbon to weave through the first hdc round, for ties.

And if you like to knit, here are my knitted tube socks for preemies

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/babytubesocks.html


HUG the ones you love!

Bev

Comments

Popular Posts