It's a good day


It is such a beautiful day today!! The sun is shining, birds are singing, and I am listening to a CD of the BYU Men's Chorus from 2004 when my son Christopher sang with them. It's a gorgeous CD! I love music so very much. It fills me with such great joy and makes me want to sing out loud. I often do and then I feel even better. =)

Today will be a busy one as I have so many errands to run to prepare for leaving for Provo, Utah in 2 days. LDS Women's Conference is always such a blessing in my life and I could really use that break right now. It's been a few tough months and I need the spiritual fuel to keep me going. =)

As I read from the scriptures this morning, Paul taught us in Philippians 4:6,7

"6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."


I noticed how His peace is given to us... it is after we pray and we are thankful for all things, for uplifting things, for trials and pain, for friends, for life... It states we must let our requests be known unto God. Doesn't He already know what we need or want? Of Course He does. But, we need to ask in faith, we need to be humble enough to be on our knees supplicating or humbling pleading for the things we stand in need of.

Prayer changes us. Prayer opens doors for us to learn and grow. It isn't one way communication, our Father in Heaven will talk to us, His still small voice will penetrate our minds and our hearts, if we are still and quietly wait on Him.

Then comes that peace, the peace of God which passeth all understanding. Notice how Paul says it will 'keep' us. I take that to mean, when the sore trials come upon us, His love and merc and this peace will be there for us to hold onto. Something to give us strength, another knot in our rope as we hang on!

There have been times as I walk in the early morning and as I pour out my soul to Heavenly Father, through His Son, Jesus Christ, that I feel that deep inner peace. It gently embraces me. It fills my whole soul (body and spirit) with joy I cannot describe. I know that no matter what is happening in the world or in my life, He loves me. I have no doubts at that moment.

Well, I need to hang laundry, bake banana bread before we have colonies of fruit flies taking up residence in my kitchen, and do other family things.
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

Comments

Popular Posts