More on Wool dye



Hi
Here are a couple more photos of the wool I dyed. This was after I wound into skeins. I already made the one on the left into mittens, well, actually I need to go around the cuffs with Single crochet, cos they don't look finished to me!

But here are the skeins. It was long going, but I love the way they look! I think I am going to make the one on the right into socks first. The one hanging on the chair-back is the middle skein.

----------------------------------------------------

Thoughts for today... this really works!
Matthew 11
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

----------------------------------------------------

I know so many of you love to make Barbie clothes for your kids or grandkids. I thought I would post one of my patterns on here and you can find more here:

FASHION DOLL CLOTHES


Since my daughters stopped playing with Barbies, I haven't made any but I really should and they can be put away to give to grand-daughters some day. Hey! I have 2 sons who are married now, how long can it be? ;)

Cozy Knit Dress and Mountain Hiking Socks
(copyright Bev Qualheim 1999-2001 - for 11 1/2" Fashion Doll)

1 oz Red Heart Baby Soft yarn
Size 5 US knitting needles (3 3/4 mm)
Crochet hook size g -for belt

Front and Back of dress are the same:
Cast on 21 sts and knit for 3 rows.
Change to stocking st (knit one row, purl one row) and work 44 rows, or until desired length.

Shape neck:
Next row: - Knit 7, cast off next 7 sts, k to end of row. Work 3 rows straight. Cast off.
With wrong side facing, rejoin yarn to remaining 7 sts and work 3 rows straight. Cast off.

Sleeves:
Cast on 16 sts and work 15 rows in stocking st. Cast off.
(make 2)

Putting Dress together:
Join shoulder seams. Sew cast off edge of sleeves to the side edge, placing center at shoulder seam. Sew down the side and sleeve seams.

Neckline
Crochet with sc around until you have 23 sc sts. Repeat this in the 2nd row around -sc in 23 sts.

Belt:
With crochet hook, make a chain approx. 10" long. This can be threaded through on each side of the dress to secure.

------------------

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!!
Bev

Comments

Popular Posts