Baby doll clothes, heat wave in Nevada

Hope all of you are managing to keep cool in this tremendous heat. It was 117 on our back porch today, in the shade on our picnic table. I managed to go swimming this morning when it was only 85 or so, and that water felt wonderful. Swam a lot of laps which is great for keeping in shape. And Mike and I took the doggies for a walk this evening at sunset, when the temp was down to about 105 F out.

So thankful for Air Conditioning! =)
Lion Brand Bolero Yarn TLC Cotton Plus Yarn Patons Kroy Sock Yarn
ABOVE - some of the yarn available on
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/yarn-stash.html

That sock yarn on the right is great stuff and it IS almost time to start knitting those winter socks if you are anything like me and it takes a while!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, on my Bev's LDS-Humanitarian group it is our week to make Teddy Bears and Dolls for Humanitarian Aid, but I have to say, I have been caught up in making up patterns for clothes to fit baby dolls. So those teddies are a bit on hold.

For September's CRAFTING ANGELS, we are having a dolly-hospital sort of day. We are cleaning up gently used dolls, and refurbishing their hair and making clothes for them. I wonder if EBAY has any that are reasonably priced. We are hoping to fix up about 50 or more dolls for kids in need. They are going to look so cute when they are all dressed and cleaned up. I am having a really hard time getting anyone locally to make doll clothes, so once again if you can even sew or knit ot crochet a couple of bonnets or a dress or this outfit I am posting in this blog, we would be really grateful. The dolls are any where from 8" - 16" Most I have found have been 10" or 12" so far and they are baby dolls.

I posted a photo of the dollies I bought from DI last week in an earlier blog, and I have been making crocheted clothes for them. Bonnets, booties, bloomers and sweaters.

I am in the process of writing down what I did to make them and will post them on here, and then eventually in Bev's Country Cottage too.

I have a photo of one outfit here, and a couple of the patterns ready to post for you. I will try to add one item each day I write in my blog. Tonight I am posting the little booties.

These are for a 12" baby doll but could be easily adjusted to fit larger or smaller dollies:

Bev's Baby DOLL BOOTIES
Copyright Beverly A. Qualheim 2007
Size G hook
Sport weight or worsted weight yarn
Rnd 1: Chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) and dc into the 1st chain. Make 5 more dc into same hole. (7 dcs)
Rnd 2: 2 dc in each dc around, join with sl st into top of initial ch 3. Ch 3 (14 dc)
Rnd 3: dc in each dc around, join with sl st into top of ch 3, ch 3.
(14 dcs)
Rnd 4: dc in each dc around. Join with sl st in top of ch 3. Ch 1.
Rnd 5: sc in every other st around (so you are decreasing). Join and ch 1. (7 sc)
Rnd 6: sc in each sc around. Join, ch 1. (7 sc)
Rnd 7: sc in each sc around. Join and ch 2.
Rnd 8: *sl st into next sc, ch 2 and repeat from * around (you are making picot edge around). Join with sl st and finish off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next time we will make the little White Bloomers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!!! and I will try ang get on here tomorrow to post the Bloomers for all of you!

Love,
Bev

Comments

Popular Posts