Monday, July 09, 2007

Baby doll sweater pattern

Good evening everyone,
Here is the Baby doll sweater pattern, the 3rd part of our patterns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bev's Baby Doll Sweater
Copyright 2007 Beverly A. Qualheim

Size
H hook, 1 oz baby yarn or sport weight

Ch 22 for bottom front
Row 1: DC in 3rd ch from hook, and in each ch across, ch 3, turn (20 dcs)

Rows 2-6: Dc in each dc across. Ch 3 at end of each row except row 6, just turn (20 dc)

Row 7: Ch 10 for sleeve, turn and dc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in each ch across arm and then across sweater. (9 dc for sleeve)

Row 8: Ch 10 for other sleeve, turn, dc back down sleeve (9 dc), dc in each dc across body.

Rows 9 - 12: Continuing dc across each row, ch 3 at end and turn.

Row 13: dc in 12 dcs, ch 12, (head opening)
skip 12 dc, then dc into next dc and dc in next 13 dcs, ch 3, turn

Rows 14-17: dc in each dc across, ch 3, turn.

Row 18: dc in each dc across, ch 1, turn

Row 19: sl st in 9 sts, ch 3, and dc across row. Ch 3, turn.

Rows 20- 24: Dc in each dc across, and ch 3 at end of each row, except last one.

End off. (Cut a long 15" tail to stitch up sides of sweater.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who love EBAYing (I know I do) my friend RoMay, has a lovely shop on there with scrapbooking things, rubber stampers, sewing patterns etc etc. It is really worth a look!

http://stores.ebay.com/Scrapbooking-Store-and-More

Enjoy!!
Bev Q

10 comments:

Craftymama said...

AWWWW THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST BABY SWEATERS YET HUN! I LOVE IT! FACT I'M GONNA TRY AND MAKE HMMM THINK I'LL START TONIGHT-KINDA EXCITED!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS PATTERN!
YOUR #1 FAN :0)
TRACY FISK

Craftymama said...

AWWWW THIS IS ONE OF YOUR BEST BABY SWEATERS YET HUN! I LOVE IT! FACT I'M GONNA TRY AND MAKE HMMM THINK I'LL START TONIGHT-KINDA EXCITED!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS PATTERN!
YOUR #1 FAN :0)
TRACY FISK

Tammy said...

This is so adorable, Bev. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Tammy said...

How adorable! Thanks for sharing with us Bev. :)

Tammy said...

I didn't mean to leave the same comment two or so times. I thought it was taking it, now I see you approve comments, which is probably a good way to go. :)

Pat/Florida said...

Do you slip stitch nine stitches in Row 20 for the second sleeve?
or bind off nine stitches in row 19? Not too good at figuring this out on my own. Thank you for the pattern

bevq said...

You are at the beginning of row 19 so you slip stitch those 9 sts. You are basically getting rid of the 9 arm stitches so you are back to working on the tummy/back part of the sweater.

Does that make sense?
Bev

kscarlett said...

If you do what the pattern says in row 8, won't that make everything in the body and other sleeve increased by one row? Whenever I've seen sweaters made in this fashion, there is a chain on one side - the loop is left free while you attach and add a chain on the other side. That way there is a base from one "cuff" to the other. Does that make sense?

bevq said...

Feel free to do it that way too. I am open to suggestions. =)

Currently the way I have it written in ROW 8 works well for me, and it all seems to even out in the end. But I am willing to try it the way you suggested too.

Bev

Anonymous said...

OH, I think I see it now. I have to throughly read something like this to get it in my mind before I start. I followed it out to the other side of the neck opening and see what you mean. Thanks for all the help your patterns and pages have been to me for making my little preemie things - you're a blessing!
Elaine