Working on a ponco pattern, birthday and more

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/buddybears.html

Hello!! I got the loveliest phone call today from my daughter who is visiting my sister up in Vancouver BC! They sang Happy Birthday to me. I am the one who usually does that with my kids so it was really fun to be on the receiving end of that call today. Now I know how fun it feels.
So I am 49 years old today, and I am missing my mom.

I guess that's middle-aged if I live to be 98 (!) COOL!

Seems like we pass through these seasons of life really quickly. I remember the fun childhood days, when clouds were giraffes and elephants, and summer was a blast up in Georgian Bay, Ontario. We would have picnics with mom and dad and Aunt Mary and Uncle Mac. Go canoeing with my cousin David. Fishing with dad.

I would sit on the dock and play my guitar and sing. Well, that was when I was a teenager actually. I can still feel the cool Georgian Bay Breeze caressing my face, and keeping me grounded.

Then college, and marriage, and precious little angel babies. What an immense blessing from Heavenly Father. There were some tough times in there, but I would not miss those days for anything.

Lots of moves, job losses, more moves, and here to this beautiful valley.

Life is good. Having the Gospel in my life is the best gift ever that I wish I could share with the entire universe! My Savior has kept me sane, kept me warm in the cold, brought peace to my heart when I thought it would break, and His Gospel has brought me so much joy, happiness, just defined the meaning of life for me.

Now, the Poncho pattern.

I am working on it. I actually made the poncho over the weekend, but I cannot figure out how to tell people to fold the rectangles to make it into the poncho. I added a flower and a little neckline to it. It's so cute.

I will try to get it all typed up so I can post it on here. I just can see these little ponchos warming hundreds of little girls this winter.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev
www.bevscountrycottage.com
mormon.org

Comments

Popular Posts