Happy Thanksgiving! Leftover Scarf


I went outside this morning, after my walk with the doggies and saw that we have some lovely roses blossoming still in the back yard. So I took out my scissors and cut a few for our Thanksgiving table. So you get to see them too! Pretty eh?


Hmmm... pumpkin pie and blueberry pie are in the oven cooking and it smells yummy in here! The deviled eggs are cooling waiting for my daughter to make them up... TV is on waiting for the parade... turkey is in the fridge, thawed and ready for Mike to stuff and bake... he makes homemade stuffing every year... and we will add mashed potatoes and yams to that mix, along with raw veggies, a chipped beef cheese ball and crackers.

I also made this recipe and it's in my freezer...
CRANBERRY DREAM WHIP SALAD
2 cans cranberry sauce (1 whole berry and 1 jellied)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 envelopes Dream Whip
3/4 c. chopped pecans
Mix cranberry sauce with lemon juice and spread in 9 x 11" (2 qt) baking dish. Prepare Dream Whip by the directions on the packages, and fold in chopped nuts. Spread over cranberries and freeze. Serves 12-15

I don't have a 9x11 pan though so it's in an 8x8 and I hope it freezes by tonight. =)

---------------------------

Most of us are very fortunate in America, Canada, and in most western countries, to have the things we need, but there are still many who go without Thanksgiving dinner, or even the luxury of warm clothes to wear to offset the wind and the snow. A good place to help out those in need with the warm clothing and blankets is a special charity under the umbrella of Alan Osmond's 'One Heart International' -- called WARMING FAMILIES.

The blanket shown is the very first Warming Families blanket ever created by Osmond fans and sent to me to assemble. I am presenting it to Alan and Suzanne Osmond here in their One Heart offices in Orem, Utah. I always look so short in this photo - I am actually 5' 7"!

One thing that helps warm people are scarves. I have a new crocheted pattern to share with all of you. I actually created this pattern about 3 years ago and just never typed it up, so you are getting a first lookie at it! It will go on my website later. =)

Bev's Left-Over Scarf
copyright 2007 Beverly A. Qualheim
Size I hook
about 4 -6 oz of scraps of 4 ply worsted weight yarn

Make a chain divisible by 3+1-- example 91 long (for kids scarf) 124 for adults - this number of chains will be the length of your scarf.

1) Sc in 2nd chain from hook.
*ch 2, skip 2 chains, sc in next chain. (repeat from * across)
End sc in last 2 sts. Chain 1 and turn.

2) Sc in 2nd sc from hook. *Ch 2 - sc in next chain 2 space, repeat from * across. Sc in last 2 sts, ch 1, turn,

Repeat row 2 until desired width, about 8" wide is good.

The scarf on the right in this photo is made with lavender, and a variagated and looked so pretty. The other one is made with various colors and also turned out so colorful, like Joseph's coat of many colors! This is a great way to use up that pile of scraps you have sitting there!

---------------------------------------
Have a beautiful Thanksgiving with the love of Heavenly Father, your family and friends all over the world.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!
Bev

Comments

Popular Posts