3 days till Christmas


Only 3 more days till we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Family are arriving here and I have been baking. The house still is not as clean as I would like it, but it's ok.

We are going to be tying a denim quilt for my youngest and I finally got it all stitched up in strips and joined, and the batting and back (an old sheet) on it. It's sitting here ready to tie in bright red yarn!! WOO HOO!! I don't have a quilting frame so we will hold it on our laps and tie in each square. we might tie the in the center of each square and in the corners of each square too. Not sure yet. I don't want that batting being washed and pulled around all over the quilt in a year or so!

The squares are 7" or sew after they have all be stitched together. I made every other square from denim, and the others in 'monkey' flannel! So cute and warm!

Other than that, I am still working on mittens, and I got 3 dishcloths knitted for ME! =) I needed some as all I have are basically rags. I make these and give them away all the time. So decided our family needed some. They are from Peaches 'n Cream cotton in a cream color. Turned out great and they work well!

I ended up making 250 items this year for charity and I am going to keep on working on a few till Dec 31st, but I am happy with 250.

Joined Ravelry.com and finally had my membership 'ok'd' yesterday I think. I am amazed at how many people are making items from my patterns on there! They have photos and comments. Really fun to read and see!!! If any of you are on there already, I am 'bevtheknitter'.

Gotta run!
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE
BevQ

Comments

Popular Posts