Socks for LDS Humanitarian

I checked the LDS Humanitarian current needs the other day and saw that they need, among other things, baby socks, so I started knitting, messing around with a sock pattern I created a few months ago.

You can find it here:
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-orphan-socks.html

I made 2 pairs... one with baby weight yarn and size 5 needles. And one pair I made with the same sized needle and a slightly thicker yarn - Simply Soft Baby

The blue pair is in Lion Brand Baby Soft, and they ended up being about 4" long and 4" tall. I tried them on our next door neighbors little guy who is 6 months old and they fit him just about right.

The yellow ones I am still knitting, but the one I finished is about 4.5" long and 4.5" tall. I actually tried something different on the yellow ones. I made the foot a little chubbier but I think I will stick with my original pattern in the future. These are a tad too chubby for my liking, but still really cute, and they will fit some little one out there... maybe one with chubby feet! I'd like to make at least one more pair with this pattern and the size 5 needles. I also want to experiment with my small round looms and loom knit some socks too.

Last, but not least, I hope this little video works. My computer tends to be quirky and I could not get the whole thing to play, but I am going to try it here in case you have a normal computer! Please let me know if it works for you without skipping etc...

Many of you know, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, sometimes known as "Mormons". I have had many people ask me questions about the Church recently, and through the years. There are some myths and misconceptions floating around out there and today I found video with Steve Young this on the official LDS website, to be shared so people can learn who we really are and what we believe.



If you would like to learn more about your Mormon neighbors or friends, you can either go to: mormon.org which is a learning website with basic info. Or to the one members use for lessons, and other info - I use this site all the time. lds.org
Either way you will get what we teach and believe. You can also see what our Humanitarian program, measles prevention program, the clean water program and more do via this page.

Remember to HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE TODAY!! Never be too busy...
Bev Q

Comments

Popular Posts