Thinking ahead a bit.... Humanitarian Booth...


Good morning!
I am seriously considering... and yes, I likely need therapy, but I am seriously planning and thinking, of setting up the Humanitarian Booth at the Clark County, NV fair which is APRIL 10 - 13, 2008.

Had I been thinking clearly the other day, I would not have turned in all the mittens, socks, dollies, file folder game (the one I got done so far!) etc etc, I had already made for LDS humanitarian at Crafting Angels! So now I am starting all over making mittens, socks, and who knows what before April. I need to email the humanitarian people here and see if any of them have some things to turn in.

All I could think of was those freezing little ones without socks or mittens, or a dolly to hug, and I turned 'em in!

If any of you want to make an item or 2 and mail them to be displayed at the Humanitarian Booth, I would love that! I will then make sure they get to DI and to Humanitarian for you. You can also send preemie items, hats, booties, 15" blankets etc for UMC and I will make sure they get there too.

<--- county fair humanitarian booth 2007

Here is a list of items I would like to display:
Children's mittens

Socks and slippers

kids pajamas
handmade underwear/boxers etc for little ones
Little girls dresses
Boys t-shirts or pants

File folder games

Bright colored Wall-hangings for the orphanages (18" square to about 36" square)
Crib quilts 45" x 60"
baby and children's sweaters

LDS humanitarian ~ school kits, hygiene kits and newborn kits

quiet books- fabric

newborn booties

teddy bears, stuffed animals, puppets and tanned dolls

And then preemie items for UMC hospital in Vegas
Preemie hats and booties, and burial gowns and pouches


I need to get hold of the lady in charge of that area of the fair to see if I can do a booth this year. The Fine Arts area is usually in desperate need of booths though so I don't think that will be a problem. =) Getting a committee here to help might be however, but I have a couple of friends who are always there for me!! How blessed am I?

Anyhow... if you want to donate something to be displayed (not judged or anything - just displayed) please mail it to me by April 1st.

Bev Qualheim
(humanitarian)
PO Box 427
Logandale NV 89021-0427

If by any strange turn of events I don't get a booth this year, then I will still make sure they get where needed.

As always there are lots of patterns for all of these on my website Bev's Country Cottage
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!!

Bev

Comments

Popular Posts