Quilt for Patti, phone call from our missionary!!

I have been keeping really buys making a quilt for my daughter for her graduation present. It's currently on the quilt frames and we have tied a bit of it. I don't make fancy quilts, but these are my specialty-- my 'fun quilts'. I try to make almost every square different and every other square a plain one.

The quilts are warm and fun, and they become a 'find-it' quilt for everyone! You can write up a list like: Find the teddy bear, the cow, the heart square, how many strawberries can you find, where are the orange cats, Mickey Mouse squares... etc.

It takes a lot of hours cutting out 5" squares, and sewing them together, but it is so worth it. This is the 3rd one I have made and I have to say, it's FUN!

Wanted to post a photo of Patti and I at Women's Conference too. We decided there are too many sensible photos of people, so we made a goofy one! =)

Cool eh??

Want to encourage people to pray for all those who are affected by various weather and natural disasters this past week....

Our missionary, Elder Tim Qualheim, who is serving in Casper WY, called with his Mother's Day call yesterday and we talked for like an hour! It was wonderful!

We sure miss him but it's cool having another son out there serving a mission for our Heavenly Father. I am grateful all 3 of my sons have been worthy to be called on missions. It's not an easy thing these days.

There have been so many tornadoes, cyclones, earthquakes in this past week and hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Heavenly Father's children have been made homeless, have died, been badly injured or lost loved ones. Please know we are praying for you and finding out what we can do to help.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Comments

Popular Posts