Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tomorrow is the day...


Tomorrow, I start my new job!

I am excited for new possibilities but also a bit scared. I will be the new 'secretary for the Logandale Seminary/Institute'-- that's not the actual name of the job but I can't think of what it is right now.

As I was reading my scriptures waiting for Sacrament meeting to start I found my missionary sons fave scripture- or one of them. Joshua 1:9

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

I really needed to read that this morning, and I think I will print it out to post on the wall in the office there so I can remember.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE! =)
Bev

2 comments:

Lea said...

Well congratulations!! I know you'll do fine... That verse has so much power.. a year ago my husband and I gave that verse to our son when he boarded a plane for Iraq... on April 18th his humvee hit an IED outside Baghdad. He was wounded as was his first sgt... his best friend and room mate did not make it..but speaking to him, and the other soldier that survived separately they both told us that verse kept repeating in their minds as they were being digging out their buddy and being sent for treatment... That verse should go as a banner, a pillar of fire to follow, every day of our lives! Amen???

Prayers for a great day tomorrow...
Lea

bevq said...

Lea,
I am gratefully humbled by your response. Thank you for telling me about your son and his 'adventure' and how much that verse meant to him. Puts my petty fears into a whole new light for me.

It should be a banner for us shouldn't it?

Love,
Bev