Disneyland vacation!



We have been gone all week to Disneyland for our family vacation and to celebrate my 50th birthday at Disneyland in Anaheim, California! We had so much fun!!! As you can see, my daughter Katie and I got to have our photo with Mickey Mouse in his house! I am wearing my Mickey birthday ears hat too! So much fun!

Disneyland is the place to spend ANY birthday if you want to feel special, let me tell you!

Katie bought me the Mickey cap with Happy Birthday on it and my name on the back and everyone was wishing me a Happy Birthday all day long. It was so much fun. I did feel like a little girl again, having the best birthday party you could ever imagine!!

We were there for 3 days. I had a ton more photos but on the night of the 2nd day my camera suddenly started showing error messages of some weird kind. I could not get rid of that message. I plugged it in to charge it and the next day ALL my photos, including tons of Christmas ones from last Christmas, and the Disney parade were gone! All my Disney photos, and worst of all, my photos I took at Hermosa Beach (Mike and I took off on the 22nd to go to the beach alone) were gone. That made me cry. We had such a sweet time walking along the beach together. Now the memories are only in my head.

I want to share a few more photos with you of the Mark Twain River cruise-- Katie took those, and a few others:

Katie loved all the little ducks and this one was fun to watch as she kept diving upside down for food.


Dumbo was in the parade of lights show our final night at Disneyland, and he was so cute I had to get a photo of him dancing on the float.

and this one I had to post of Katie and I after the 2nd day-- we were exhausted and this about sums it up!! LOL!! It's lovely don't you think?!!

I almost forgot to warn all you knitters out there who plan to go to DISNEYLAND...
I carried cotton yarn and needles I was working on a bib for Jackson, in my fanny pack I wore. The first 3 times we went in the gates and they did a bag check, it was fine, no one said anything. However, the last time we went through the lady stopped me to ask if my knitting needles had points. (??) I told her they did of course since that's how you knit. She then told me I could not take them into the park as a 'gang member' might grab them and stab someone with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am standing there with my mouth hanging open.

I live in Logandale Nevada for goodness sakes, we are so small we don't even have postal delivery here, and she is thinking I might pass those needles along to some gang member????? I am thinking 'what the heck are you doing allowing gang members INTO DISNEYLAND!?'

Uh..................

Yeah..............

Another lady came over and she could see I was nearly in tears at this point. That bib would be ruined if I ripped it off the needles to hand them over. She told me that this woman was only doing her job, and the others should not have let me in with them!

Ay yi yi! Can't you see the headlines?

'Vicious knitting needle wielding grandma allowed into Disneyland - what is this world coming to?!"

They ended up letting me in the park since it was my birthday I was told, as long as I knitted privately so no one could see the needles...

Jacksons little bib is all done now. =)

We really did have a wonderful vacation and I was sad to have to come home this time. Normally I am ready but I wasn't this time. I cherish these moments with my family so much.

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev

Comments

Popular Posts