Monday, August 04, 2008

Almost ready to leave and a great video!

I wanted first to post an amazing little video about a middle school who took the time to teach the kids there, how to knit, boys as well as girls. Not only did they learn to knit, but they did it to help babies who might die for lack of a warm hat.

It really is this simple to reach out and help in your own community or by mailing things. So many people think making one hat will not do anything significant, but it will!

I love the quote by Anne Frank at the end of this video. I hope you will take a few minutes to be inspired and uplifted and maybe shed a tear as I did.




-----------------------------------

Tomorrow I leave for NY and I am really excited. I am definitely all packed except for my makeup and I need to switch purses to a smaller one to carry on the plane. I've said prayers for safety for my daughter and I.

I have some baby yarn with me and I plan to work on simple booties for LDS Humanitarian, and maybe a pair or 2 for my grandson! Also, still want to work on that hat idea so I will have a new pattern to post when I get back.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

and remember, the power is in the ONE.
Bev

5 comments:

Jacky said...

Bev, I have nominated you for the Brilliant Blogger Award. If you can, please stop my blog to pick up the award. All the info is there.
http://hadenmaiden.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your video, thank you for sharing.
Best to you and yours....
Dorcey Troutner
Calif

Desiree Cole said...

Dear Bev,

I am not commenting on your news, but rather I would like to tell you how useful your baby socks pattern has been a long way from USA.
We knit clothing for underprivileged babies in our area in the Helderberg which is near Cape Town in South Africa. Young mothers visit poor new mothers in hospital and take them each a Bosom Buddy pack that comprises clothes for the baby and toiletries for both mother and babies. They also offer advice on baby care etc and generally support these mothers. I have been knitting caps to match your socks and jumpers to make a set. I have now passed your knitting pattern to friends who like the 2 needles rather than the fiddly 4 needles of most socks. So your outreach now stretches all the way to South Africa!! Keep up the good work.

Sandie said...

Lovely video. Thanks for sharing. And how true. Each one of us can make a difference. We need only begin.

~yolanda said...

What a lovely post! I am crocheting for a children's hospital in my area and I found your site when I googled baby hat crochet patterns. Thanks so much for your patterns and for your inspiration!