Hat done...

Hi
I finished the little hat I was making for 'Knit1Save1'. I like the way it turned out except I would like use smaller needles for more, and maybe not the double pointed one! It was just awkward I guess and tricky but... NO SIDE SEAM! That's the good part.

I don't actually mind sewing side seams. :)

The hat turned out to be about 11" circumference and I know they prefer them to be a bit smaller, like 10". The 11" would fit a US baby I am sure. But where they send these little hats the babies are smaller.

So here is the updated pattern:

Save the Children - Knit One, Save One
c/o The Doe Fund
173 Cook Street
Brooklyn, NY 11206

due by December 31, 2008.


Pattern for you to use if you'd like - I've just started it as you can tell so there might be errors. I am still messing around with it:

Bev's Knit One Save One cap
Beverly A Qualheim (C) 2008
Size 4 and 6 knitting needles
Baby yarn
Cast on 48 sts
Knit 1, purl 1, across
Purl 1, knit 1, across
(This is seed stitch)
Repeat these 2 rows for 1" for brim then change to larger needles.
Repeat the seed stitch rows for 5" total, then knit 2 together across for 2 rows, cut yarn, gently remove stitches from needles, using a sewing needle weave through sts and pull to gather.
Sew down side seam.
Hat should measure 10" across.

AND in the round -

Bev's Knit One Save One cap in the Round
Beverly A Qualheim (C) 2008
Size 4 and 6 knitting needles
Baby yarn
With smaller needles cast on 47 sts
Knit 1, purl 1, around
Purl 1, knit 1, around
(This is seed stitch)
Repeat these 2 rows for 1" for brim then change to larger needles
Repeat the seed stitch rounds for 5" total, then knit 2 together around for 2 rounds, cut yarn, gently remove stitches from needles, using a sewing needle weave through sts and pull to gather.
Hat should measure 5" across base.
************************************************************

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!

Bev

Comments

Popular Posts