Only 2 days...


...until we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His birth was foretold by ancient Prophets and welcomed by the lowly and humble in heart.


(KJV) LUKE 2:
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)

5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.


I am so thankful for all He has done for me, for my family, for this world. He has seen us through many dark hours. He truly is the Light of the world. As we look to Him, we can not only see that Light but we can feel it in our hearts and our minds and that is how we know what we know to be truth.

His Light causes us to look beyond our own needs and wants, as it shows us how we can reach out to others in needed ways.

As we rejoice and enjoy this Christmas time with our family, and loved ones, and friends, or in our moments alone, with our animals, and with the Lord, may we look to Him always. May we remember in 2009 all He has done for us as individuals.



He knows your name. He knows my name. He knows our pains, our anguish, and He sees our tears. He has suffered for our individual pains and sins and He knows how to help us if we only pray and ask, because He already walked that path and dealt with them. Sometimes we want to deal with them all by ourselves, but we don't have to.

Believe me, I am one who tries to handle everything! If you are not sure what to ask for, simply ask Him to bring peace and comfort to your mind. Once you feel that peace and comfort, you are better able to turn worries over to Him too and He will bear you in His arms and hold you close.

(Book of Mormon- Another Testament of Jesus Christ: 1 Nephi 11:)
13 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the great city of Jerusalem, and also other cities. And I beheld the city of Nazareth; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.

14 And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?

15 And I said unto him: A virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins.

16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?

17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

18 And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.

19 And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!

20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.


May this Christmas bring you joy, love, peace, and comfort now and in the days ahead. May you enjoy the laughter of little ones, and good, healthy food, and warmth and the joy only our Heavenly Father can give to you through His Son, Jesus Christ who both love you endlessly.







Hug the ones you love and Merry CHRISTMAS to one and all!
Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com



Comments

Popular Posts