Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a good day

I spent a full day working today... working at Seminary, then Adult Religion Class, home to change, grab a sandwich, then off to work in Mike's Farmer's Office all day. It was so quiet... one person came to pay a bill, one person called, a telemarketer, and my daughter called from college so at least I had someone to talk to. :)

I came up with a bunch of holiday ads for us to use, updated my website, answered some old emails, and I am still behind on those, and dusted and swept. But, I felt like I was helping Mike because he could go to his meeting in Vegas and not worry that he was missing customers.

So that was my day.

I came home and watched 'The Testaments' - a movie I just absolutely love. I have watched it maybe 30 times, and it never gets old, and I am always touched deeply and tears fall. It always deepens my testimony of the reality of the Savior, His ministry, how much He cares for each of us individually. I love it! I've needed to watch it for a while, so I am glad I allowed myself that indulgence.

I want to share a fun pattern with you called 'Bev's Newborn Pea Pod Cozy'. Guess who that's for? ")
ENJOY!
Hug the ones you love today!!
Bev

9 comments:

kadezmom said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. LOVE the pea pod cozy.

PTL for the good days!!! Kudos to you for noticing it!!! (that's not always easy either)

Have another great day today.

farmnwife said...

I love the pea pod cozy. I don't knit is there a way to convert the pattern to crochet?
thanks.

Onelia said...

This is super cute!!! I also like that you let people know that profitting from your patterns is prohibited. I put a similar warning on my website and some jerk had the nerve to tell me that I had no right to tell people what to do with the end product of my free patterns.

bevq said...

Onelia
If you own the copyright you can dictate what can and cannot be done with your patterns. So, yes, indeedy we have every right to tell people you may not sell items made from this pattern.

I have also had people tell me I have no right to tell people they can't sell items from my patterns. I ignore them.

If it gets to the point where I 'can't' tell them, then they will all pay a handsome price for the pattern and royalties to me every time they sell an item. We could REALLY use the money. :)

HUGS
Bev

Archangel_Baw said...

You create the cutest things I've ever seen:0 this is just adorable:)

Linda71 said...

Bev, I love your peapod cozy. I have a basket of odd yard ready to make up things for special babies. Do you have a gauge or approximate measurment for this article? I am a new knitter and need all the help I can get. Linda

Janet said...

I've been looking for a pattern for a "cocoon" just like this for months!! My friend is a photographer and she wants one to take pictures of baby's. Thanks so much for putting it online.

Janine said...

I am trying to make this pea pod. I am having trouble visualizing how it stays closed and how the neck is shaped. After you knit 15" you have a flat pattern. Then you gather the bottom. How does the neckline get shaped and how does it stay closed? Please help if you can. Thank you

bevq said...

Hi Janine
You are using circular needles so you are knitting in the round, not flat. The top part if you choose to do that part is flat... that's just for a little blanket type cover for the head.

Hope this helps.
Bev