Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New puppet pattern!


Ok- this one is crochet for all you crochet lovers!
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-puppet.html

It's a puppet! was designed with LDS Humanitarian in mind as they are asking for Twin and Double quilts, a standard, AND puppets!!

If you would like to join me on APRIL 4th and 5th (less than 2 weeks away!) :) for GENERAL CONFERENCE weekend, in making as many puppets as we can for LDS Humanitarian, I'd love to have you join me! You can use any pattern you wish, but I wanted to see if I could make a fairly easy pattern to share.


Here is where you can mail puppets:

Completed handmade items may be shipped by anyone of any faith, or delivered in person to:
Latter-day Saint Humanitarian Center
1665 Bennett Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84104

Humanitarian Center at 1-800-453-3860 ext. 26060 (Telephone: 801-240-6060)
Hours 7 am - 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
3 c. oatmeal
3/4 c. brown sugar or 1/2 c. raw sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 to 1 c. blueberries or raisins

Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet
ingredients in another bowl. Stir the wet and dry ingreds. together
and add the raisins or blueberries. Spread in a 9" x 9" pan, lightly
sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook uncovered for about 20 - 30 minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!
Pray for your families...

Bev

3 comments:

Mónica said...

Hi Bev,
It's been such a loooong time since I've dropped by your website and blog.
I go back as to when you were in One Heart with Alan.
Was also part of the Joseph Smith "200" items challenge...
I have crocheted many of your items (they instructions are so easy fo follow...).
I've crochetted your "teddy bear", newborn baby booties and sweater; hats, mittens, etc... for a Children's hospital here in ARGENTINA! :)
I crochetted the sweaters for "premature" and they have asked me for larger size... I worked on the other size that's there but they want larger.
Maybe you (or someone reading this)can let me know of an EASY TO UNDERSTAND CROCHETTED PATTERN for a newborn.
We have just started "Autumn" here, so it's the perfect time to start crochetting.
I INVITE all who would like to pass by my blog (it's in Spanish, but as you can see I speak English; lived in the States for 12 years).
And Bev, it's so nice to know YOU are doing well... (Last time I was here you were moving cause hubby had lost his job, if I'm not mistaken).
All my love from Buenos Aires. Your sistere in faith.
Mónica

Des said...

Bev, thank you so much for this wonderful blog. I'm so inspired and anxious to implement many of your projects in my area.

God Bless You!!! I look forward to trying some puppets out during conference!

linda said...

Hi Bev
Are these similar to granola bars? Do they hold together pretty well? I am on the lookout for these kinds of recipes. Thanks for posting one for my collection!
Linda (tribal)