Hats and more


For those of you who are gearing up to help with the Warming Families 25,000 hat challenge, here is my latest pattern for fun hat! It actually has hidden warmth inside!

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-hidden-hat.html

I'm really excited about this hat challenge.

I feel there will be more people in need of these warm hats than ever before, with the economy as bad as it is. I am praying that from the start of this project, Sept 1 until the last date, Dec 30, 2009, thousands of us will be knitting, loom knitting, and crocheting to help in this venture! My readers are the most giving, caring people on this earth, and I know we can easily create 25,000 hats!! I think we should aim for 50,000! :) Who's with me?

CHAPTER AREA VOLUNTEERS?
Something else, we definitely need some more 'Chapter Area Volunteers' for Warming Families! It's free to become one, and easy to do. Basically, you find a shelter, nursing home, even a county hospital who needs items like hats, blankets, mittens, scarves, slippers etc. and then people mail or bring handmade items to you and you deliver them to your chosen shelter. For complete details CLICK HERE!
Kaye is a wonderful Project Leader and the yahoo group is great too.

I am the Chapter Area Volunteer for Las Vegas, NV area. I am currently serving UMC (county) hospital there, and you can click on my link to find what is needed.


Thought for the day:

"In Salt Lake City, at general conference on 5 October 1856, this is what President Brigham Young said:

" 'Many of our brethren and sisters are on the plains with handcarts, and probably many are now seven hundred miles from this place, and they must be brought here, we must send assistance to them. . . .

" 'I will tell you all that your faith, religion, and profession of religion, will never save one soul of you in the Celestial Kingdom of our God, unless you carry out just such principles as I am now teaching you. Go and bring in those people now on the plains. And attend strictly to those things which we call temporal, or temporal duties. Otherwise, your faith will be in vain.'"

James E. Faust, "Go Bring Them In from the Plains, Ensign," July 1997, 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE and PRAY FOR THEM EVERY DAY

Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

Comments

Popular Posts