Blessings...


"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times" Charles Dickens- A Tale of Two Cities.

Many are going through tough times right now. My family are facing a few 'demons' of our own right now, financially especially.

But I wanted to post a few of my thoughts on it. I once told a good friend of mine that I was grateful for my trials. She asked me if I really meant that. I thought long and hard about it, and I thought I could honestly say I did. But just as a teenager thinks she knows all about life, and grown up things, we all soon discover we know very little. That is how it was with how I felt then, and how I feel today.

Harder times hit.

My husband's accident last year, tough family times at Christmas, and then this year deeper financial trials trying to get a business off the ground so we can live. Heavenly Father allows us to pass through these learning experiences so we CAN become great someday. He allows trials, and He stands there ready to assist in the best ways for us, if we only ask. And we can learn from all things we are called to pass through.

I have learned personally there there truly are so many immense blessings in our going through these many trials, especially the financial ones. I used to complain because we didn't ever seem to get ahead money wise, but do you know what, we had enough to pay the bills, all of them!

Little did I know how very blessed we were to be able to not worry about paying the bills. We didn't have luxuries but we had enough, you know.

Now, as we struggle and do without things we used to take for granted I wish I had been more grateful. You know what though, now I WILL not take things for granted and I am so thankful for the little things, like not having to go to the doctor, and money for basic foods, for a food storage with much of what we need to eat! So many in the world never have enough to eat, and yet, we, are never hungry. What a blessing. We have a roof over our heads for right now, and it is enough. We both have jobs that we love and we have a wonderful family whom we love - even the ones we never see.

You know, we are 51 years old, and standing on the edge of a dark precipice and we can either look up at the sunshine or the stars at night twinkling and beautiful, or we can look down at the possible darkness, the fall and pain.

I've decided I need to look up. My Heavenly Father is up there and He knows what the Qualheims are going through no matter what happens. For those of you who are struggling with trials, He also knows your troubles and pain, and He is there. Pray to Him and feel the peace He can give your mind. Never give up.

I heard yesterday I am going to be grandma to a little girl, and how wonderful is that I took out the pink yar!? They live far away so I will not be able to see her, or hold her, but just to know she is part of our family will be enough for now.

We can feel joy and peace as we serve Him through serving His children in whatever ways we are able. I will be telling you in the next couple of days about the most wonderful opportunity to reach out and help those who are currently displaced, and "down on their luck." So if you knit or crochet, this will be for you!

HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE!
Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

Comments

Popular Posts