Friday, January 01, 2010
New Year MITTEN-ALONG!!!
Happy New year everyone!
I thought we would start the 2010 off by having a mitten-along! If you would like to join us, all you need to do is grab some yarn and a hook and join along making them step by step.
For anyone who would like to participate in a mitten-along, step by step making a pair of crocheted mittens. You can join me on my blog later today with step one.
I thought we would start out with my Marvelous Mitts pattern since I am really familiar with it and can answer questions!
You will need an ounce or 2 of worsted weight (Red Heart Classic works great!) or even a , and a G or H hook depending on how tightly you crochet, although if these are for charity they will fit someone. :)
HERE WE GO!!
Bev's Marvelous Mitts for 5-7 year olds:
Make a chain of 55 (5-7years)
* Single crochet into next 7 chains to form the cuff.
* slip stitch next 3 stitches for the wrist, now single crochet in next 15 stitches for hand, slip stitch next 4 stitches for top,
* single crochet in next 15 stitches for hand, slip stitch next 3 stitches for wrist, single crochet in next 7 stitches for cuff, chain 1 to turn all rows.
Row 2: (you will be going into the 2nd chain from hook and into back loops ONLY -see photo to right),
* single crochet into each single crochet and slip stitch in each slip stitch of previous row.
* Repeat Row 2 for desired width of hand (usually 5 ridges for kids, more for adults).
(If you need a place to send mittens please send them to the address on this page:
HUG the ones you love!